Cognex is the global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision. With approximately $850 million of cash in the bank and no debt, we are a financially strong international company with a culture that maintains the fast paced, creative environment of a startup. Our employees, proudly called “Cognoids,” take their work seriously, but don’t take themselves seriously. Our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast culture recognizes our employees for their innovation, perseverance and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky environment.
Our Finance organization is responsible for financial planning and reporting, accounting, sales planning and operations, demand planning, as well as ensuring processes meet the strategic needs of our business. Cognex is a global, publicly traded manufacturer and marketer of advanced integrated technology products whose 2022 annual revenue exceeded $1 billion. We have an excellent team with members who have gained diversified experience during their tenure in the company.
Cognex is looking for motivated undergraduates to join our Finance Development Program (FDP) and begin their career as a Cognoid. The program consists of four six-month rotations in various areas in Finance. The rotations will incorporate planning, analysis, reporting, accounting and other ad hoc projects. Management will provide career development planning, mentoring, networking opportunities, and detailed performance feedback.
Open to Undergraduate Seniors graduating in May 2024 (Program start date: June 2024)
- Analyze booking, revenue, and margin trends
- Plan and analyze department expenses
- Provide data analytics utilizing SAP and Business Intelligence tools
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports for senior management package
- Propose and implement process improvements
- Provide financial support for ad hoc business unit projects
- International assignment opportunities
- Accounting exposure
- Cross functional exposure
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Eager to Work hard, Play hard, Move fast!
- Enthusiasm for learning new financial skills, business, and product knowledge
- A team player with the ability to work independently
- Self-starter who demonstrates confidence working cross functionally
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
Minimum education and work experience required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in either Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative field is required
- 3.3 minimum cumulative GPA
- Internship experience is a plus
- Extra-curricular involvement