INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the bookends of our success. Our employees work with a passion to never settle and always improve, enabling us to push the status quo and change the lives of our users.
Our Engineering Team is responsible for creating innovative solutions that address the unmet needs of our customers. We do this through increasing our users’ productivity by integrating new technologies and methodologies to deliver new-to-world products and product enhancements. We work together with our users through observation, interviews, and field research, making them part of the solution process. The Motor Engineer will collaborate with local cross-functional teams, global Motor Engineering and Operations teams to create and execute test plans to verify motor performance and thermal limits per project requirements. You will develop and apply a platform-based mindset to motor designs to ensure consistent and efficient mass-produced Milwaukee motors and products around the world.
Behind our doors you’ll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you’ll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
The TOOLS you’ll need to have:
- Under the supervision of senior engineers, learn and apply state of the art motor design and collaborate with a team to design, prototype, test, and troubleshoot motors for low to mid-level complexity projects.
- Provide thorough evaluation of how likely a motor will meet a project’s power, size, and durability requirements.
- Create test plans for motor components and assemblies within scope of the project.
- Conduct hands-on experiments of power tools, perform simulations, and draw concise, logical conclusions by analyzing data.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Self-manage and track your projects, contributions of design and test workflows to ensure project adherence to schedule and Milwaukee Tool’s processes.
- Schedule, develop agendas, facilitate, and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
- Acquire and maintain understanding of Milwaukee Tool’s development and manufacturing processes.
- Design and qualify new solutions to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE and ANSI.
What TOOLS you’ll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Familiarity with or demonstrated ability and eagerness to learn the following aspects of motor design: Basic motor theory of Brushless and Brushed PMDC and AC motors; Electromagnetic analysis and motor design; Motor construction and assembly; Motor component design and manufacturing methods
- Basic understanding of how energy flows through a power tool and ability to identify sources of loss
- Excellent problem-solving skills, exercises independent judgement and works well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated, organized, efficient, process oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time (domestic and international).
- High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint Microsoft Office programs.
Other TOOLS, we prefer you to have:
- Experience with motors in a related industry.
- Familiarity with FEA and/or CAD.
Our Perks and Benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE