HANDSHAKE & LINKEDIN
96% of Recruiters are looking for and finding talent using professional online media, and almost 100% use it to initially screen applicants.
Handshake and LinkedIn can be a powerful job search tool. It’s a great way to find and connect with professionals in your field who might be interested in your talent. It’s also a great way to be found.
Handshake is your ONE-STOP-SHOP for all things career…
- Find 1000s of Full-Time Jobs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and nationwide
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Coach or find out when you can Drop-In
- See the companies coming to the next Career Fair – it changes right up to the day before the event, so check often
- Find events that will help you become a HI-PO (High Potential) candidate
Alumni – Your Handshake account is still active, but we’ll need to submit an Email Switch Request to the folks at Handshake, so you can get back into the system. Please email us with your email of choice, and you’ll receive a verification email from Handshake (usually within 24 hours). Just click on the link in the email, log in, and enter the email verification code to complete the process. Then you’ll be all set to schedule your in-person or phone meeting (please choose the alumni option). *** If you’re alumni who graduated pre-Handshake (2015), please get your new Alumni Email Address and register for your Handshake Account. It’s a fast and easy process.
Once you’re in Handshake, the Career Connections Center created helpful Handshake guides to get you started.
- Getting Started with Handshake
- Completing your Handshake Profile
- Uploading Your Resume to Your Handshake Profile Guide
- Making Your Resume Visible to Employers on Handshake
- Searching for Jobs on Handshake.
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional online network, and a great platform for you to connect with other professionals. You can also use LinkedIn to find your next job or internship opportunity.
- Creating a LinkedIn Account Guide
- Creating or Updating Your LinkedIn Profile Guide – New LinkedIn Interface
- Creating or Updating Your LinkedIn Profile Guide – Original LinkedIn Interface
- Creating or Updating Your Nursing LinkedIn Profile Guide
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist
- LinkedIn Profile About Section Guide
- LinkedIn About Section Examples
- LinkedIn Connection Request Examples
- Finding Company Representatives on LinkedIn Guide
- Connecting with Others on LinkedIn Guide