INTERVIEW and NETWORKING SKILLS
Employers say, “We can’t hire you unless we know you.”
It’s really about meeting people. In the case of professional networking or networking to obtain employment, you want to meet people who have the power to give you a job. The best part…they want to meet you too, because they want to hire you. People hire people they know, like, and trust, and networking is how that can happen. Even in this digital world, personal connections are still extremely powerful. And now congratulations! You’ve impressed the recruiter with your skills and experiences. They believe you can do the work, now they want to meet you in an interview to see if you’ll be a positive and productive addition to their team, department, and company.
It’s the interview that clinches the offer.
- Interview Skills & Sample Questions: Many employers conduct behavioral interviewing where you’ll be asked for detailed examples. This guide will explain how to review and practice answering behavioral questions along with a good representation of the types of questions you might be asked.
- Common New Graduate Nurse Interview Questions: This guide will explain how to review and practice answering nursing-related behavioral questions with examples of common graduate nurse interview questions.
- Strengths and Weaknesses Identifier Exercise: Use this sheet to help identify your strengths and weaknesses to help prepare answering future interview questions. Career Services can help with identifying strengths and weaknesses, as well as how to explain your examples with evidence.
- Interview Thank You Note Tips & Outlines
- Interview Follow-up Email Example (2 weeks after)
- Your Personal “60 second” Introduction: What you say about yourself when you meet someone new.
- How to Socialize Like a Networking Pro: Tips for how to prep, act, and speak at networking events.
The Career Connections Center can also help you with networking strategies, creating your personal introduction, answering interview questions, and more. Schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our career coaches or visit us during Drop-In Hours.