RESUMES and COVER LETTERS
No selling, just telling.
You’ve done a lot of really great things as an MSOE student that are already highly respected and in-demand by hundreds of companies. It’s difficult to know exactly what to include on your resume and cover letter. Focus on what’s most important to employers, such as hands-on experience, communication skills, leadership, and work ethic. We created numerous guides and examples to help you with creating and updating your resume and cover letter.
- Writing About Your Hands-on Experience Guide: Employers want your resume to highlight your hands-on projects, including internship, senior design, class, lab, etc.
- Resume Outline: Use this ready-to-use template for your own resume.
- Freshman Resume Outline: This resume outline is tailored specifically for Freshman students.
- Nursing Resume Outline: This resume outline is tailored specifically for Nursing students.
- NCAA Athletics Resume Outline: This resume outline is tailored specifically for MSOE student athletes.
- Resume Checklist: Double-check your resume isn’t missing anything with this handy checklist.
- Resume Examples by Major
- Cover Letter Guide: Follow this outline to begin drafting your cover letter.
- Cover Letter Examples
- Nursing Cover Letter Guide: This outline is specific to Nursing students.
- Nursing Cover Letter Examples
The Career Connections Center can also help you create an effective resume and cover letter that gets you noticed and called for an interview. Schedule a one-on-one appointment with one of our career coaches or visit us during Drop-In Hours.