How We Help Students and Alumni
- Job search skills – finding internship and full-time, major related job opportunities. We can also help connect students and alumni directly to company representatives.
- An effective resume that gets noticed and inspires an invitation for an interview, as well as be optimized to comply with applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Strong interview skills– it’s always the interview that clinches the offer. Preparation is the key to confidence and success.
- An attention getting LinkedIn and Handshake Profile– 97% of companies are looking for candidates online and having compelling online profiles can help make a great first impression, and those that are optimized to software algorithms can increase chances of being found and contacted by recruiters.
- Career Fair preparation and confident networking skills– what to say when first meeting someone who wants to discuss and offer job opportunities.
- Help managing and evaluating multiple job offers and interviews – as well as salary negotiations to ensure industry standard starting or mid-career offers.
- Strong graduate school applications – including personal statements and/or statements of research interest/intent.
The Career Connections Center is happy to help current students and recent graduates with their internship or full-time job search, as well as alumni who’ve been away from MSOE for a while and would like to change jobs or their career path.
Students and alumni can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment (phone, virtual, or in-office).